Nova Scotia is one of Canada’s 13 provinces and territories. After Prince Edward Island,
Nova Scotia is Canada’s second-smallest province in terms of area. It’s one of the four
Atlantic provinces and one of the three Maritime provinces. “New Scotland” is the Latin
name for Nova Scotia. Halifax, the capital of Nova Scotia, is known for its cultural
arena and for its luxury living standards. Nova Scotia has a long and storied history of
cultivating grapes for wine, dating back to the 1600s, when it was one of the first
regions in North America to grow grapes. Nova Scotia is well-known for its high tides,
lobster, fish, blueberries, and apples, among other things. Sable Island is also noted
for an extremely high number of shipwrecks.
Among all the significant sectors, Nova Scotia is one of the breeding grounds for businesses that are playing a major role contributing towards the world economy. Here, the notable industries are mainly ship manufacturing, fishing, and mining as it is based at a seacoast. Other than these, the areas of coastal based sectors and life sciences business are given prime attention. Skilled immigrants are eligible to get the opportunity of PNP of this province for their PR.
The Nova Scotia PNP Program is designed for the candidates who aspire to get settled in this province of Canada. It is an equivalent program of the national Canada Express Entry Program. This program is the best
for the candidates who want to get the fastest PR in Canada and are open to settle in the Nova Scotia province. The immigrant-friendly program has been designed for the desired candidates who have appropriate skills and abilities to fulfil the gaps occurring in the booming service sector of the province. Nova Scotia has seen a huge peak in its immigration rate since last few years.
There are multiple streams of pathways in the Nova Scotia PNP program which can facilitate your entry into the state:
- Labour Market Priorities StreamThe applicants who are suitable for the required labour market needs get selected under this stream. For eligibility, the candidates must have letter of interest from NSNP within Express entry, required hands-on experience, enough monetary funds and an authentic express entry number.
- Labour Market Priorities Stream for PhysiciansGeneral practitioners and family physicians (NOC 3112) and Specialist Physicians (NOC 3111) who meet the Express Entry stream’s minimal work experience requirements are eligible to be selected. You must present a copy of a signed Return for Service Agreement with the Nova Scotia Department of Health and Wellness upon selection, stating your commitment to reside and work in Nova Scotia for at least two years. Only candidates who obtain a Letter of Interest from the Nova Scotia Office have 30 calendar days to submit an application. Candidate must show that they have the financial resources to successfully establish themselves and their families in the province. In your present nation of residence, you must have legal status.
- EntrepreneurThe skilled businessman and high-level managers who
wish to live in Nova Scotia and are willing to either start a new business or get involved in everyday management are apparently appropriate for this stream. After operating the business for a year, the entrepreneur may be nominated for permanent resident status. It’s required for an aspirant to have a language score of CLB 5 in either English or French to apply. An aspirant must have a net worth of CAD 600,000, of which CAD 150000 must be invested in order to start a business.
- International Graduate EntrepreneurThe International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream is for recent graduates who have completed a degree or diploma after at least two academic years of full-time, in-person study at a Nova Scotia university or a Nova Scotia Community College and have a valid post-graduation work permit. They must have already started or purchased a Nova Scotia business and run it for at least a year. To apply, an aspirant must have a CLB 7 in either English or French.
- International Graduates in DemandTo apply under this stream, candidates must be between the ages of 21 and 55 and have a full-time permanent job offer from a Nova Scotia employer in the job category NOC 3413: nurse aides, orderlies, and patient service associates or NOC 4214: early childhood educators and assistants that corresponds to their most recent field of study. Candidate should meet requirements for completing a course of study within three years of your application. The programme had to be at least 30 weeks long. You must have completed at least half of the programme in Nova Scotia and have the necessary certifications from NS regulatory bodies. Even if English or French is your first language, you must demonstrate language ability equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) Level 5. Candidate must show that they have the financial resources to successfully establish themselves and their families in the province.
- Skilled workerThe Skilled Worker stream assists employers in recruiting foreign workers and recently graduated international students with skills that are in demand in Nova Scotia. Candidates must be between the ages of 21 and 55, and must have a full-time permanent job offer with at least one year of relevant work experience. A minimum of a high school diploma is required for the candidate. Even if English or French is your first language, you must demonstrate language ability equivalent to CLB Level 5 or CLB 4.
- Occupation in demandThe candidate must have a high school graduation as well as the necessary training, skills, and/or accreditation for the position. The Jobs in Demand stream focuses on NOC C and D occupations that are in great demand in Nova Scotia’s labour market. The Office of Immigration defines in-demand occupations based on labour market data, and the list of qualified occupations is constantly changing. Visit the provincial website to learn more about in-demand occupations.
- Nova scotia Experience : Express EntryExpress Entry The Express Entry programme is only for skilled workers with at least one year of work experience in Nova Scotia who want to make the province their permanent home. You must have a NOC level of 0, A, or B. CLB 7 is required for skilled work in National Occupational Classification (NOC) 0 and A. CLB 5 is required for NOC B positions. You may apply directly to the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration (NSOI), if they decide to deny your application for the NSNP Nova Scotia Experience: Express Entry stream, their decision is final. There is no procedure for filing an appeal.
What attracts immigrants to settle Nova Scotia?
Education in Nova Scotia is the main attraction for students as it has a number of public and private schools providing excellent education. It also has universities providing the highest level of degree and diversification of education.
Family friendly: It is a great place to raise a family since the cost of living is low and it also a safe place for children. The slow pace of life lets the family enjoy more
time with each other.
Changed – Due to its affordable lifestyle and slower pace of life, it’s the most practical choice for raising a family. It’s also a danger free place for children.
Diversification: The province is tolerant of diverse cultures and welcomes everyone to its society irrespective of their backgrounds. It is a great place to settle and prosper in Canada.
Changed – Nova Scotia is a dignified place to settle and grow as it’s comprised up of various different cultures and accepts people from different backgrounds with complete happiness.
Scenic beauty: The province is blessed to be surrounded with the natural beauty of the sea, verdant greenery, and farmlands making it one of the scenic places to live.
Changed – Being surrounded with the coastal area, farmlands and greenery, it’s one of the best scenic places for living.
Changed – Among all the significant sectors, Nova Scotia is one of the breeding ground for businesses that are playing a major role contributing towards the world economy. Here, the notable industries are mainly ship manufacturing, fishing and mining as it is based at a seacoast. Other than these, the areas of coastal based
sectors and life sciences business are given prime attention. Skilled immigrants are eligible to get the opportunity of PNP of this province for their PR.
- Who can Apply :
You have a current Express Entry profile number
You expressed an interest in relocating to Nova Scotia in your Express Entry profile and received a Letter of Interest as a result (NSOI).
You meet the criteria in place at the time the Letter of Interest was written. You have the required work experience for the Express Entry stream for which you have qualified.
During your work experience, you performed at least 51% of the major duties listed in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) for your job.
You have proof of your immigration status in the country in which you are currently residing.
You can demonstrate your ability to support yourself and your family.
You intend to settle in Nova Scotia.